To keep the trail enjoyable and safe for everyone, there are a few rules for using the Nickle Plate Trail. These rules are also posted at the parking areas at Bennetts Switch, Lover’s Lane, Wallick Road, Denver, Deedsville, Birmingham, Macy and Rochester.
- No motorize vehicles. The trail is intended for pedestrian and bicycle traffic only.
- Trail open from dawn to dusk. Don’t use the trail at night.
- If you stop, get off the trail. Always allow other users to pass on the left.
- Keep animals under control. Keep pets on a 6′ leash, walk your pets on the trail shoulder, and clean up their waste.
- Wear a helmet for bicycle safety.
- Do not trespass on private property.
- Obey all trail signs and rules.
- Keep trail clean – leave no trace. Remember that if you pack it in, you should pack it out. If you see trash, please pick it up.
- Cyclist and skaters must yield to pedestrians. Warn trail users as you approach from behind, for example, “On your left.”
- Respect private property and other trail users. Stay on the trail.
- Shared courtesies mean shared enjoyment for all.
- Report problems to Miami County Central Dispatch 765-473-5474
In case of emergency, call 911
Know your location
- Know your limitations!
- Keep mode of transportation in good condition.
- Check for maintenance problems before you start out.
- Wear proper clothing and safety attire.
- The softer surfaces along the side of the paved trail are better for walkers, joggers and runners.